Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Last weekend we had the kids monkey themed birthday party.  O.M.G. it turned out GREAT :)  You can see the invitations here, and as I stated in this post, I had been planning this party for quite some time.  I had a bit of trouble finding things that weren't exclusively pink or blue so I either made or special ordered pretty much all of the decorations. 

I got these ADORABLE potted centerpieces and cupcake picks from this store
 

I made these...
 

and these...
 

and this.



I'll be putting up DIY's for all of the things I made in the coming weeks. 

I ordered personalized shirts for each of the kids from this store...they turned out great (you'll see them in pics below).

Our food was typical...chicken, salad, macaroni salad, rolls, baked beans, green bean casserole, etc... But the desert was where I had lots of fun--we had: Mini Monkey Breads (i had to put mine into cupcake papers after they came out of the oven to keep them from falling apart), Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana BitesPB Banana Bites, and Homemade Banana Pudding...and cupcakes...'cause kids gotta have cake :)

This was the first year Beckham had a request for something fun at his birthday party...he want a jumpie at his birthday.  This was a toughy...I had to tell him that since he has a winter birthday we couldn't have a jumpie outside, but that we could have something else at his party...eeeek...but what?!?!?!  My mom had seen a balloon twister (or artist?!?) at a restaurant and she thought he was doing some awesome stuff and grabbed his card.  I contacted him, found out the prices were pretty reasonable and booked him...Beckham was thrilled!  The kids had a blast with him, and even the adults thought it was fun!  I'm pretty sure he may become a party staple for us :)  You can find Joe w/ Balloonerrific Creations here!

Here are a few of my faves from the party :)





The kids had a fantastic birthday!  They had so much fun playing with all their cousins and friends, and we had so much fun getting to see and visit with everyone :)  Of course, they were completely spoiled and got LOADS of great gifts!  Once again it's been made quite clear that we have the most amazing friends and family!

E

P.S. I've already started planning next years party...here's a hint: Chirp-Chirp, Tweet-Tweet! (I know...it's like a sickness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment