Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

This is Beckham's first year giving out Valentine's, so I knew I wanted to do something a little different and special.  I love finding easy projects that he can help with and was super excited when I stumbled upon this on pinterest, as soon as I saw it, I knew I could easily put my own spin on this little project!

The sitter tries to keep things relatively healthy (plus, who wants to take care of 6-3/4yr olds on a sugar high?!?!?), so I didn't want to send candy, I thought this was perfect...and Beckham could help :)

Here's what we did, SO simple and inexpensive (we made 18 crayon cakes)--

Supplies:
Silcone Baking Sheet ($3 @ Wal-Mart)
3 boxes of crayons ($1ea @ Five Below)
Mini chinese take-out boxes (pk of 6 $1.97 @ Wal-Mart)

First we peeled the paper off of the crayons and broke them in half (sometimes in thirds). 

Then we put 10(ish) crayon pieces in each heart. 

I baked them for about 12 minutes in a 350degree oven and then let them cool for 30 minutes.

This is what they looked like straight from the oven
Popped them out of the baking sheet and Voila!

He was VERY proud of his creations :)
I printed up a simple tag to attach to each take-out box and they were ready to go. 

 



Beckham is SO excited to hand them out today :)
Hope everyone has a lovely V-Day!
Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment